Helmes Summer Bootcamp 2017

Helmes Summer Bootcamp 2017

Monday 14 August 2017

The 10th day.

Today is the 5th day of straight-up programming for us. Our stand-up was nice today as everyone had completed something yesterday. I was proud of my team. Luckily for me our PO caught a mistake in the problem I was trying to solve and guided me towards a better solution to the problem. Whilst this still wasn't the final solution to the problem it was a step in the right direction. I see this as a plus for agile development and stand-up.


So with that nudge in the right direction I was making fast progress on my issues. But the 5th day of programming was weighing on me and by lunchtime my head felt just as agile as a potatoe.


Having a nice lunch helped a bit and I could tackle some more problems. My team was feeling the struggle of becoming a vegetable as well. At some point one of our merges broke our attachment feature. By the time the clock hit 3 there were no more programmers in the room, but potato. Potato everywhere. The productivity dropped off a cliff. I'd say there wasn't a usable line of code written after 3. We actually went to our PO 3 times trying to figure our how to deal with linking our contracts to people working on them.


Luckily enough one of our team members had had a birthday a few days earlier so we had a small break wishing him the best and the Helmes staff had some handmade candy for him. Shortly after this we had a discussion what our next weeks team activity will be and we decided on paintball. Hyped for that!

And the day ended with us filling out the first part of the feedback about our experience here. Totally remembered what we did on the first day, honest.

Do you remember?