Helmes Summer Bootcamp 2017

Helmes Summer Bootcamp 2017

Tuesday 22 August 2017

Day 15

As the day started with stand-up we had little to report on what we did yesterday as we had had a half day of programming since we had the sprint yesterday. So we focused more on what we were planning to do today.

The day after the sprint is always the most rewarding day as you can just crudely write code and see the features being implemented. These days have become my favorites and I had a nice time filling the criteria in my story. That is until I hit a roadblock. I needed to filter our contracts by date and had to send the date as a GET parameter. This didn't work since the default InvariantCulture was using a different format than our date fields. So I opted to write a slightly modified model binder that took the datetime object and parsed it the way I wanted. As I hadn't done this before it took me a lot of time.

Some days you just get stuck on a problem for hours and solving it takes way too long. Meanwhile my teammates were skillful enough to avoid all of this type of pitfalls and the progress made was significant. We were confident we would have to take on new tasks by Tuesday as we left for the weekend. 

How things are in the Java team ¯\_(ツ)_/¯